The sound cart is one of the versatile pieces of equipment owned by stage crew. It's used in almost every setup
The sound cart is where most of our typical sound equipment is stored and hooked up.
In the sound cart, you will find (as of 2016-06-01):
- Yamaha StagePas 500i Sound Mixer (4 mic inputs, 2 stereo line inputs)
- Sennheiser Wireless Handheld Microphone (xlr out)
- Audio Technica Wireless Handheld Microphone (1\4" out)
- Shure Wireless Headset Microphone (xlr out)
- Numark CD DJ Mixer (stereo 1/4" out)
- Power Conditioner
- Laptop (aux cord)
Here is a block diagram of how it is all hooked up
Setting up the sound cart is pretty easy. All the audio cables stay plugged in. The only plugs you need to plug in are, the power, and the wired microphones.
1. Bring sound cart out
2. Take speakers down
3. Open latches for front and back
4. The cover with the leg can be setup as a table on either side of the cart
5. Plug the power cable from the power conditioner in, and turn it on
At this point, everything should be running.
6. If using a wired microphone, then pull out an XLR cord from the drawer, and plug it into channel 1.
If using the wired microphone for an assembly or podium FOLLOW THIS GUIDE to use in wall extensions.
7. If using the wireless microphones, use channels 3 and 4 accordingly. There is also an Audio Technica mic plugged in, but it has gain issues.